|September 19 , 2012|
Dear Parents / Guardians
Annual Swimming Gala – 28th September 2012
The venue for the Swim Gala will be CCAB at 21 Evans Road. The venue is the MOE Co-Curricular Branch off Bukit Timah Road, behind the National University field. For further directions follow the map link here.
The Gala will start at 8:30am and finish around 12:30pm and is compulsory for ALL Middle and High school students.
Transport will be provided for students to the venue. Middle School buses will run as normal in the morning and upon arrival at the Paterson Campus, the Elementary students will be dropped off and the Middle School will be taken to the pool. Students who come to school by their own means can either go directly to the pool for 8am (they must let their homeroom teacher know in advance) or go to school first and take the provided transport from there.
Students are advised to bring the following with them:
- Appropriate Singapore Regulated Swim kit. (Bikinis – two-piece swimsuits are not permitted).
- Towel, goggles, earplugs, nose plus, and cap, as required.
- Plenty of water to drink. Please note that fizzy drinks are not appropriate for sport.
- Students should wear their house colors to the Gala and bring a spare t-shirt or towel to use when not swimming. This is still a school event and short shorts and tank tops are not appropriate.
- Sunscreen and a hat.
- Please do not bring MP3's or other valuables, which may get misplaced or lost or taken away if being used during the Swim Gala.
The Swim Gala should end around 12:00 -12:30 pm, but this can vary slightly. At the end of the gala, the school day is finished. Students are asked to make their own arrangements to return home. Limited buses can be arranged for transportation to return to the High school and Middle school campus. There will be a sign up sheet in the MS and HS offices. You need to sign up in advance for transportation returning to school so we can provide enough buses. Please note: families who have students in Elementary school – ES students will have a normal school day and school buses will run as normal at 2.30pm.
Parents, Guardians, friends and family are all warmly invited to attend and cheer on the students. In the event of a thunderstorm, the gala may have to be delayed and perhaps even cancelled, in which case normal lessons will resume.
If you have any questions about this event please do not hesitate to contact us.
Mrs. Cassi LaGrua and Mr. Michael Randall
Middle School PE teachers
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Mr. Herve Guilotel and Jake Bell
High School PE teachers
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
6475-4188 ext. 109