What are Guardianship issues?
- When a student needs to live with a guardian other than the parents.
- When the student needs to move from one guardian to another guardian.
- When the parents are leaving and need their child to live with a guardian during their absence.
- Guardians who are not following the profile of a good guardian expectation of ISS guardians.
- Guardians who are not contactable when required by teachers of ISS for student progress.
- Guardians that are not communicating concerns and comments from ISS to the parents.
Interested guardians can fill in the Guardian Application Form and be passed to the Guardianship Coordinator (GC). This is applicable at any point in the year.
During the academic school year
Please be mindful that during the school year all guardianship issues will be directed to the Guardianship Coordinator.
- They must speak with the Guardianship Coordinator when needing to change guardians or living arrangement. (MS), please submit Request Form to middle school secretary who will send the form to High School, Guardianship Coordinator.
During the non‐academic months of the school
Please be mindful that all interviews will be conducted by the Admissions Officer for HS / Admissions Officer for MS pertaining to guardianship issues during the Guardianship Coordinator’s absence.
- A new student has selected an ISS‐listed guardian, please create a spreadsheet (Admissions Department) that keeps a tally of this information that the GC can consolidate upon her return (include all documents). The ISS-listed guardian and parents must fill in the Notification Form*.
- Must speak with the Guardianship Coordinator when needing to change guardians or living arrangement. Therefore they would have to wait till the end of the vacation / break / holiday period.
- In the event of an unusual circumstance, Admissions Department will assist.