The Scholastic Environment Fund (SEF) aims to foster global and local environmental awareness through collaboration and action amongst youth and educators from different backgrounds.
It believes that the future of the earth belongs to the young and they will show us how to cherish and preserve the environment.
In order to achieve its mission, SEF will:
- organize a variety of educational events which will appeal to a wide range of students;
- provide opportunities for students to engage in environmental research and development ;
- serve as a forum for discussing environmental issues ;
- promote the activities of the Fund ;
- organize annual and ongoing fundraising activities
- promote environmental action amongst students
- provide professional development for educators
- provide a platform for environmental leadership training for students
- provide opportunities/activities for cross cultural exchange with an environmental focus
All the above activities will be accomplished in collaboration with people from different backgrounds and organizations.
Events organized to date:
EARTH DAY CONFERENCE, April 2002
Supported by Lee Foundation, ISS International School, Aboutwe Publishing Pte Ltd
SEF Contemporary Visual Arts Competition on the Environment, May 2006 Zero Carbon Cities
Supported by British Council, Ngee Ann Cultural Centre, SingTel, ISS International School
Projects that have received grants over the last three years:
Coral Reefs surrounding Pulau Dayang
A project to research and develop intervention and prevention techniques and programmes to protect the coral reefs surrounding Pulau Dayang. School: ISS International School
Members of the Fund
Board of Directors
|Mr. Chan Chee Seng
||Mr. Lim Kim Keang
|Mrs. Margaret Alvarez
||Mr. Lim Fung Meng
||Mrs. Pang Ah Yew
Mrs. Chan Ching Oi
Ms. Kassieendra R.