Many ISS International School students study in Singapore while their parents are overseas. In order to maximise their successes, it is our policy that they stay with ISS International School ‘listed guardians’. These guardians are very different in terms of the location of their homes and the number of students under their care. They are willing to work closely with the school’s Guardianship Coordinator and parents to ensure that ISS International School students are cared for.
Parents who are considering placing their children under the care of guardians should contact the Guardianship Coordinator for a copy of the guardian list and are encouraged to meet with the Guardianship Coordinator when they visit ISS International School. We also recommend that parents visit the homes of several prospective guardians before deciding who should care for their child.
Individuals who are interested in becoming an ISS International School ‘listed guardian’ should contact the Guardianship Coordinator for details of the application process.
Examples of Guardianship Concerns:
- When a student is not staying with their guardian
- When the student needs to move from one guardian to another guardian
- When a student is not following home rules and regulations
- Guardians who are not following the profile of a good guardian expectation of ISS guardians
- Guardians who are not contactable when required by teachers of ISS International School for student progress
- Guardians that are not communicating concerns and comments from ISS International School to the parents
- Interested guardians can fill in the Guardian Application Form and pass it to the Guardianship Coordinator (GC) – this is applicable at any point in the year.
During the Academic School Year
Please be mindful that during the school year, all guardianship issues will be directed to the Guardianship Coordinator.
When a new student has selected an ISS International School ‘listed guardian’, please notify the Guardianship Coordinator & Admissions Office. This allows for a transparent flow of information. The guardian and parents must fill in the Notification Form* (Parents must read and retain the Profile of a Good Guardian and Expectations of ISS International School Guardians.)
They must speak with the Guardianship Coordinator when needing to change guardians or living arrangements. For Middle School students, please submit a Request Form to the Middle School secretary who will send the form to the High School Guardianship Coordinator.
During the Non‐Academic Months of the School
In the absence of the Guardianship Coordinator, all interviews will be conducted by the Admissions Manager of either campus.
- They must seek approval from the Guardianship Coordinator prior to any changes in their living arrangements in person or by email: email@example.com
- In the event of an unusual circumstance, the Admissions Department will assist
- If the student is moving to an ISS International School ‘listed guardian’, they have to submit the Request Form and Notification Form
- If the student is moving to a non ‘listed guardian’, we have to interview the guardian and visit their home before approval. The Guardian Application Form should be submitted to the Guardianship Coordinator
* Students under guardianship will not be accepted into Elementary School.
Although ISS International School makes every effort to ensure that relationships between students and guardians are successful, all parties are urged to clarify expectations before deciding on a guardian for their child. We suggest that parents discuss expectations in terms of frequency of contact, returning of deposits etc. We regret to inform you that we cannot be involved with disputes between parents and guardians. ISS International School has no financial relationship with guardians and does not accept payment from either parents or guardians for this service.