At ISS International School we embrace all media platforms as a way to share, communicate, collaborate, and promote our teaching and learning. We do this through official school media platforms such as our ISS International School website (www.iss.edu.sg), Facebook page (ISS International School @ISSInternationalSchool), Twitter account and hashtag (@ISSSingapore, #isspride), ISS Roar (e-newsletter), and our various brand advertisements and advertorials. We also communicate through staff (teachers) member’s individual professional social media accounts.
Our staff members are aware of their position of influence while conducting themselves on social media platforms and they act in ways that reflect positively on their professional position and the school.
Professional vs Personal
A staff member’s professional social media accounts are deemed to be work-related accounts which share discussions and experiences from their day-to-day profession.
A staff member’s personal social media accounts are deemed to be non work-related accounts which have no relation to ISS or their work as an educational professional. Examples of personal social media accounts include those primarily used for keeping in touch with friends and family.
Our teachers are aware that they must separate their professional and personal social media accounts.
Media Guidelines for Marketing Purposes
- Parents/Guardians are asked to sign a media release form, and are told how information, including photos, images, and details, may be used in any marketing related material.
- For full-faced photos that are taken of 1 or 2 children from grades 4 and below, the photo and environment where this photo will be used, will be emailed to their respective parents to ask for permission before the photo is used for any marketing purposes.
- For a photo that includes the student’s first name
(e.g.: student winning an award; singled out as having done something well or achieved, etc), their respective parents will be asked for permission before the photo is used for any marketing purposes.
- The locations of events will not be released, prior to the event, as far as possible on public marketing platforms, unless absolutely necessary (e.g.: a concert that requires ticket purchases). However, there may be link to a website that states the location of certain events.
- A student’s last name, nor grade level will not be stated in social media. A student’s first name will only be used if absolutely necessary. Initials in place of names will be used for ES aged students.
- When taking photographs, the photographer will make a strong effort to take wider action shots and focus on the work/activity rather than a particular student. Exceptions will be made if it is a student anecdote or direct student quote.
- The Marketing Team will display signs at school activities and events, that states that photos of all event attendees (students, parents, etc) will be taken. These photos may be used for any marketing purposes.