Media Guidelines at ISS International School
At ISS International School we embrace all media platforms as a way to share, communicate, collaborate, and promote our teaching and learning. We do this through official school media platforms such as our ISS International School website , Facebook account, Instagram account, Twitter account, Linkedin account , our various brand advertisements, advertorials, and all ISS-related hashtags. We also communicate through ISS Community Members’ (staff, teachers and members of ISS Community)’s professional social media accounts.
Our Staff members are aware of their position of influence while conducting themselves on social media platforms, and they act in ways that reflect positively on their professional position and the school.
Professional vs Personal
While ISS media accounts are deemed to be corporate accounts which share discussions and experiences from the school’s day-to-day operations, staff member’s personal social media accounts are non-work related accounts which have no relation to ISS or their work as an educational professional. Examples of personal social media accounts include those primarily used for keeping in touch with friends and family.
Our teachers and administrative staff are aware to separate their professional and personal social media accounts.
Media Guidelines for Marketing Purposes
- During enrolment, Parents/Guardians will be asked to give consent for their child / ward’s photos to be used from time to time for the purpose of marketing ISS and her programmes on any marketing related material.
- Media platforms may cover any of the following:
- traditional media (TV, Press, Magazines, etc.)
- Online media (Any digital advertising)
- Social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Marketing collateral (School brochures, leaflets, posters, newsletter, etc.)
- The website, videos, webinars, etc.
- Any other new media platforms
- Parents who prefer not to give their consent, please to submit your request through the student opt-out form.
- All photos will not include any students’ personal information without their explicit consent sought. A student’s first name and school section will only be used if necessary, e.g. Gary, ISS High School.
- Please take note of the signages around school which provides information pertaining to event photography and the guidelines for usage of these materials for marketing purposes.